RETRO STYLE. REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT.
The Nike Air VaporMax Plus looks to the past to propel you into the future. This revamp nods to the super-techy Air Max Plus of 1998 with its floating cage, cushioned upper and heel logo. Revolutionary VaporMax Air technology brings it into today.
- VaporMax Air technology provides ultra lightweight cushioning.
- Floating cage around the foot mimics the original 1998 design.
- Cushioned fabric and synthetic material provide durability.
- Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability.
- Designed in Europe
- The Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. Designers started by restructuring the Air unit so they could attach it directly to the upper. €œThat was the biggest challenge,€� says Tom Minami, Senior Footwear Designer €“ but it was worth it. €œWithout any midsole or sockliner, you get to feel the Air in a whole new way.€� In previous Air Max models, the goal was to fill the sole with as much Air as possible, but with the VaporMax, the focus is on using the Air efficiently. €œAs you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure,€� Elder explains. €œAs you step off, the pressure releases, creating that springy bounce.€� After the seven-year journey from ideation to release, Elder and Minami are excited for what€™s to come. €œI€™m super proud of the product,€� Elder says. €œThis new approach is going to be a huge turning point for Air €“ and for Nike.€�
- Shown: Wolf Grey/Dark Grey/Team Orange/White
- Style: 924453-019
VaporMax: Behind the Design